Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Inventor stuff

I've recently been using Inventor. I've dabbled in it for several years but never really got into it like I have this last week. I've discovered Skeletal Modeling. Holy cow is it fun! I do have to admit that D3 Technologies actually steered me in the right direction by suggesting it.

I had to back up a bit. I am using Inventor 2012 and went to the Help files and took a look at the tutorials. I have to recommend going through the tutorials. They are constructed well and really helped me out. The iLogic tutorials went from easy to advanced really fast, though. I think they need an intermediate iLogic tutorial.

Anyway, I backed up to the basics and did Part Modeling 1 and 2, then Assemblies 1 and 2. From there it was on to Sheet Metal 1 and 2, iLogic, then Skeletal Modeling.

Naturally there are a few good videos on You Tube. Not very much on Skeletal Modeling, though. The ones I found most useful are by Rob Cohee.  Check him out.

The main reason for writing this post is to let you know that the Inventor Tutorials that come with Inventor are definitely worth doing.


Later,
Lyle.


No comments:

Post a Comment